Alcohol Tillotson Installed

IMG_0033

The weather has been less than desirable for karting so I took some time this past weekend to install a carb my Honda Clone desperately needed. The last trip out to the track was a lot of fun with the mods I added to my motor, see the last blog listing what I installed. The problem was that the motor was way under carbureted. I managed to max out at 7200 RPM at the end of the straight-a-way but pull out of the corner was horrible and I feel like ramping up to 7200 RPM took a lot longer than it should. At the time I did not have the necessary linkage or extra cable to hookup the alcohol carb. As you can see in the photos, everything is ready to go. I will shoot another test fire video once I have a chance to run down and get some methanol from the local race shop in town. I should be heading out to the track this coming weekend if weather permits and will be using my GoPro HD Camera to get some video of the motor in action.

I also installed a loop pipe. I run sprint track so longer pipes and intake manifolds are my friend.

Upcoming stuff…

-I am beginning to work on a motor that I plan to race in the stock clone class in 2011. I won’t be able to make it to many races due to work, but will try to make at least a few races. Since our local track only does an engine claim rule it has forced many people to do internal work to their motor to be competitive.

-I am toying with the idea of building an Open motor. I just ordered a Honda GX200QX and have been talking to Mike over at Mike Clements Racing about some custom head work.

Author: Jerad Hill

Husband, father, business owner.

2 thoughts on “Alcohol Tillotson Installed”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *